HBase, mail # user - Re: Examples of Multi Get and Multi Put using Stargate (JSON)

Re: Examples of Multi Get and Multi Put using Stargate (JSON)
Suraj Varma 2013-05-14, 17:15
*Moving your post to user mailing list.*

Here are more examples: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HbaseRest

For your curl calls, escape your ampersands, else it is interpreted by your
shell as a command to run in the background.

curl -v -H "Accept: application/json"
http://hostname:9999/testjson/multiget/?row=row1&row=row2<http://hostname:9999/testjson/multiget/?row=row1&row=row2>

For your PUT call, usually this error is thrown if your file contents don't
match your Content-Type. Check again if your file is indeed formatted
correctly. From the HbaseRest link above:

   - HTTP 200 (OK) if the column(s) could successfully be saved. HTTP 415
   (Unsupported Media Type) if the query string column options do not match
   the Content-type header, or if the binary data of either octet-stream or
   Multipart/related is unreadable

--Suraj
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to find some examples involving multi-get and multi-put using
> stargate but couldn't get any.
> I am following this page:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Stargate
>
> For multi-put, I tried the following:
>
> curl -v -X PUT -H "Accept: application/json"
> http://hostname:9999/testjson/false-row-key --data @./data.txt
> * About to connect() to hostname port 9999 (#0)
> *   Trying 98.137.97.185... connected
> * Connected to hostname (98.137.97.185) port 9999 (#0)
> > PUT /testjson/row3 HTTP/1.1
> >
> < HTTP/1.1 415 Unsupported Media Type
> <
> * Connection #0 to host hostname left intact
> * Closing connection #0
>
> For multi-get I tried the following:
>
> curl -v -H "Accept: application/json"
> http://hostname:9999/testjson/multiget/?row=row1&row=row2
>
> The above command only returns the first row.
>
> If somebody has used the above operations successfully using REST, it
> would be of great help to
> share the details.
>
> Thanks
> Vandana

+
Vandana Ayyalasomayajula 2013-05-14, 18:00