Hadoop >> mail # user >> Why Hadoop uses HTTP for file transmission between Map and Reduce?

Why Hadoop uses HTTP for file transmission between Map and Reduce?
Hi, all

I have a question about the file transmission between Map and Reduce stage,
in current implementation, the Reducers get the results generated by Mappers
through HTTP Get, I don't understand why HTTP is selected, why not FTP, or a
self-developed protocal?

Just for HTTP's simple?

thanks

Nan