Hive, mail # user - Change existing location of Hive Warehouse

+
Hamza Asad 2013-02-13, 08:14
Re: Change existing location of Hive Warehouse
Kugathasan Abimaran 2013-02-13, 08:24
If you don't have the following property in hive-site.xml, add it and
change the location where you want.

<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>
  <value>/user/hive/warehouse</value>
  <description>location of default database for the warehouse</description>
</property>
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Hamza Asad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear all, how can i change default directory of HIVE/HDFS i.e
> /user/hive/warehouse to my own customized directory?
>
> --
> *Muhammad Hamza Asad *

With Regards,

Abimaran