HBase >> mail # dev >> Supporter Browsers

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-13, 15:39
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-13, 16:51
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-13, 19:10
Re: Supporter Browsers
Yeah lynx and links2 are pretty good by design.  IE I haven't really
tested on.  If I had to say I would love to support:

IE8 +
Firefox 18+
Chrome 20+
lynx (pretty much everything)

We're in kind of a weird spot where currently the jetty version that
we use has some quirks with content type, so I fear it will not be too
easy to get them all to play nicely.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just installed a VM to try that. Installed and compiled the last trunk.
>
> Results with lynx on the WebUI are not so bad. I'm able to navigate on the
> different tabs, looking into a table regions, etc.
>
> 2013/5/13 Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> AFAIK we don't have such a list and it used to be that our UI was so
>> basic that it never was a problem :)
>>
>> Lynx is a good question, I do like to be able to use the UI from the
>> command line when I'm on a machine that I can't reach through a
>> browser (plus I'm lazy and I don't want to setup SSH port forwarding).
>> Have you tried it on trunk?
>>
>> Thx,
>>
>> J-D
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > do we have a list of officially supporter Internet browsers for HBase
>> UIs?
>> > If not, should we?
>> >
>> > Like, do we need do worry about supporting IE7 for the interface? And
>> > what's about the other browsers? And Lynx? etc.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > JM

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-13, 20:45