HDFS, mail # dev - Cannot communicate

Cannot communicate
Kevin Burton 2013-04-22, 14:50
I am relatively new to Hadoop and am working through a Manning publication "Hadoop in Action". One of the first program in the book (page 44) gives me a Java exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 7 cannot communicate with client version 3.

My Hadoop distribution is CDH4. The Java Maven project takes its dependency from Apache. The exception comes from a line involving the "Configuration" class.

Any idea on how to avoid this exception?