Pig >> mail # user >> Pig job result output and schema

+
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-05, 19:18
Re: Pig job result output and schema
Hi, Jeff:
Reply inline.
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Jeff Yuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a couple of questions regarding job result and schema. The
> context is that I'm trying to create a custom entry point for Pig that
> takes a script, executes it, and always stores the last declared
> alias/variable in a file. Would appreciate any insights to the 2
> questions I have below or any advice in general.
>
> 1. I'm looking to automatically dump or store the last variable/alias
> that the user has set. I know PigServer.getAliasKeySet or getAliases
> will return a Set or Map of the alias. But they are unordered, is
> there a way to get an ordered list of aliases?

Have you try PigServer.getPigContext().getLastAlias()) ?

> 2. I'm interested in getting the result schema and the raw result set.
> Is the best way to do this just PigServer.dumpSchema(alias) to get the
> result schema, and PigServer.openIterator(alias) to get the resulting
> Tuples?

yes, as I know, this is a good way to do it. after you get iterator, you
can use below to go through each tuple
while(iter.hasNext()) {
      Tuple t = iter.next();
}