MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Metrics Issue in ganglia.

+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-10, 20:39
+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-11, 18:22
+
Chris Embree 2013-09-11, 18:40
+
Artem Ervits 2013-09-12, 13:41
Re: Hadoop Metrics Issue in ganglia.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

@Chris - I haven't tried this on ganglia forums because I thought this
is something related to Hadoop. Though I'm able to see default metrics
from every nodes.

@Artem
I'm not using any firewall, In addition my host entry looks like below.

192.168.126.129 master master.bigmix.com loghost
192.168.126.130 clone1 clone1.bigmix.com
192.168.126.133 clone2 clone2.bigmix.com

I'm also able to lookup these machines through dns ( nslookup, host).

Did I missed something?

Thanks

On 9/12/13, Artem Ervits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Check firewall and /etc/hosts also make sure hosts lines up with result of
> hostname -f command. Both hostname -f and hosts entries should have fqdn
> names. I use ambari to install my cluster, including ganglia metrics and I
> had identical issue. Once I corrected that it started working.
>

> Artem Ervits
> Data Analyst
> New York Presbyterian Hospital

>>> dfs.period=10
>>> dfs.servers=master:8649
>>> mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31
>>> mapred.period=10
>>> mapred.servers=master:8649
>>>
>>> please guide.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
> recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
> strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not
> the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender
> at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all
> copies of this message.  Thank you.

+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-14, 19:14
+