Flume >> mail # user >> Writing to HDFS from multiple HDFS agents (separate machines)

Re: Writing to HDFS from multiple HDFS agents (separate machines)
Paul, I interpreted the host property to be for identifying the host that
an event originates from rather than the host of the sink which writes the
event to HDFS?  Is my understanding correct?
What happens if I am using the NettyAvroRpcClient to feed events from a
different server round robin style to two hdfs writing agents; should I
then NOT set the host property on client side and rely on the interceptor?