HBase >> mail # dev >> ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?

+
Mick Hittesdorf 2012-12-11, 00:13
Re: ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Mick Hittesdorf
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Has any work been done to implement the ClientService protobuf server
> defined in the following proto file?
>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/trunk/hbase-protocol/src/main/protobuf/Client.proto?view=markup
>
> I'd like to build an HBase client in C++ using the new protobuf-based
> client protocol. Where should I start?
>
> Thanks!

That described service is currently what client and server use in trunk.
 All communication is protobuf'd as of a commit today but we are working on
coming back some from the total protobuf'ing of all we pass, in particular,
the pb'ing of all KeyValues passed across the ipc chasm.  We will do
something more 'raw' passing the bigdata.  The issue we are discussing how
to pass big volumes of KeyValues is HBASE-7233.  It would be interesting to
get your input coming from your c++ perspective.

Thanks,
St.Ack
*
*