HBase >> mail # dev >> Porting policy from 0.96+ to 0.94

Re: Porting policy from 0.96+ to 0.94
A reasonable policy could be:

- Bug fixes ported back two releases (so that's 0.94 and 0.92) if
applicable for the respective code base.

- Releases > 2 major versions back are "best effort". Assuming a committer
has an interest. I'm guessing Ram et. al. may have an interest in 0.90
branch for a while.

- No major user facing functionality changes: new UI, PB, etc.

- Build system changes and support like integration tests don't have an end
user impact so could be ok.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy