Drill >> mail # dev >> Jersey and Jetty not playing well...

+
Srihari Srinivasan 2013-07-08, 17:45
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-07-08, 18:10
Re: Jersey and Jetty not playing well...
I've attached the results of mvn dependency:tree for the java-exec module.
Pushed the code to my repo...
https://github.com/srihari/incubator-drill/blob/master/sandbox/prototype/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/http/engine/HttpEngine.java
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suggest taking a look at the maven dependency tree and figuring out
> whether you have two different servlet transitive dependencies.  You
> probably need to manually exclude one of these.  Are you structuring
> this as a separate drill/maven module?  We should probably do that and
> make java-exec a dependency, then use a hocon extension to manage
>
> If you can't figure out the dependency issue, please post the code on
> GitHub so we can help you through it.
>
> thanks,
> Jacques
>

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Srihari Srinivasan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Have got a basic setup of Jetty integrated with the Drillbit. Next I am
> > working on integrating Jersey in order to create the REST resources. I've
> > introduced this dependency -
> > <dependency>
> >             <groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>jersey-server</artifactId>
> >             <version>1.8</version>
> > </dependency>
> >
> > After which some of the tests started to fail with the following error -
> >
> > *java.lang.SecurityException: class
> > "javax.servlet.ServletRegistration$Dynamic"'s signer information does not
> > match signer information of other classes in the same package*
> >
> > Googling led me to believe that this is possibly happening because
> servlet
> > API classes are getting loaded from two different jars (one of Jetty and
> > another Jersey) each signed differently. Confirmed this by removing the
> > above dependency (and the jersey code I introduced) and the tests were
> > green once again.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to deal with this issue? Kind of stuck at this point
> > because of this..
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hari

+