Pig, mail # dev - Next Pig Developer Meeting

RE: Next Pig Developer Meeting
Olga Natkovich 2011-04-18, 17:48
Hi,

Just a reminder that we will be holding the next meeting this Thursday, 4/20 4-6 pm at Yahoo.

The address is 701 First Ave. Building E Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Please ask for me or Alan Gates at reception.

Thanks,

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Olga Natkovich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Next Pig Developer Meeting

Hi guys,

It has been a while and I think we have a few topics to discuss. Here are the ones I would like to propose :
(1)    What is the process and criteria for changing existing releases. For instance, which changes are ok for existing branches vs. which ones should go to the trunk or to another branch.

(2)    How do we improve our testing. We have found a large number of problems post 0.8 release. It is pretty clear that our testing is not keeping up with the pace of the changes we introduce. We need to find a better testing strategy that goes beyond unit tests.

As always, feel free to suggest additional topics for discussion.

Would April 21st work? We at Yahoo would be happy to host but are also opened to other suggestions/locations.

Olga