Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Watching children updates

+
Benjamin Jaton 2013-07-17, 23:25
Re: Watching children updates
Hi Ben,

Your description seems right to me, assuming that when you refer to changes to the children, you mean setting the data of the children.

You may also want to have a look here if you haven't done it yet:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkWatches

About performance impact, you may want to have a look at the discussion here:

-Flavio

On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:25 AM, Benjamin Jaton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to be notified of a change on any of the children of a znode
> (could be a lot of them).
>
> AFAIK to achieve this we need to set a watcher on each child and then also
> watch the parent to be aware of children addition/deletion and add/remove
> watchers accordingly. Is that correct?
>
> What is the performance impact of having for example thousands of watchers?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
+
Benjamin Jaton 2013-07-18, 01:23