HDFS, mail # user - Re: upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN

Re: upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN
Harsh J 2013-05-22, 04:55
FWIW, I've seen through a lot of upgrades from 1.x to 2.x and metadata
issue's never been a part of it. You should be able to safely upgrade and
then to configure HA. Note that you cannot directly upgrade into HA mode
yet, you have to upgrade to a regular 1.x to 2.x, and then as a next step,
enable HA.

Rollbacks are supported as long as you haven't finalized the metadata
upgrade. I hope this covers the "backward capable" metadata question. If
not, please rephrase that point?

--
Harsh J