MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Building and Deploying MRv2

Building and Deploying MRv2
Hi,

I am trying to build and deploy MRv2 and following the instructions in the
INSTALL file. The instructions have to be modified after the recent
re-organisation (HADOOP-7106)

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/MR-279/mapreduce/INSTALL

1. Is the code under MR-279 branch not sufficient? Should I get the common
code from the yahoo-merge branch and the HDFS code from the HDFS-1052 branch
based on the instructions - what's the dependency?

2. Should I get the rest of the code (excluding common and HDFS) from the
MR-279 branch?

3. What is the yahoo-merge branch?

Thanks,
Praveen