HBase, mail # user - Fwd: How to Rank in HBase?

Fwd: How to Rank in HBase?
Bing Li 2012-01-29, 20:02
Another question is whether it is proper to update data in HBase frequently?

Thanks,
Bing

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bing Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Subject: How to Rank in HBase?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dear all,

I am a new user of HBase. I wonder the ranking strategy in HBase.

I am now using Solr to manage the large amount of data in my system. I got
one issue when loading data from Solr. In most cases, data is loaded and
ranked from Solr according to keyword partial matching degree. Well, my
case is different. I hope data can be loaded by another complete matching
field, e.g., the author of the data. I noticed that Solr could not rank the
data properly for the complete matching.

I guess I can do the same thing in HBase too, right?

My question is whether it is possible to rank data in HBase according to
customized strategy, like PageRank?

Thasks,
Bing