Zookeeper >> mail # user >> The State of Python Zookeeper libraries and collaboration

Re: The State of Python Zookeeper libraries and collaboration
Are you planning on writing a pure-python client (does not call out to the
C bindings via zkpython) or are you planning on writing a solid wrapper
around the C bindings. Implementing a pure-python client would go a long
way towards making various green thread frameworks work without having to
jump through hoops.  I think we'd have to add support to Jute so that it
would generate python data classes kind of like it does now with Java and C.

Assuming you go with a wrapper around the C bindings, I would suggest you
take a look at something called "xthread.py", which was a thread
synchronization primitives library that a guy proposed to the eventlet
project a while back and provides Lock, Notify, etc etc which are safe to
use and notify between real threads and green threads.  It gives a safe way
to deal with sending data and doing proper locks without having to worry
about calling out to "green" things from within non greened contexts (such
as the zk callback functions).  It's eventlet specific, but the concepts
and probably fair amount of the code can probably be adapted and use.

Or pure-python.  That works too. :D

Mark