Hive >> mail # user >> How to prevent user drop table in Hive metadata?

Re: How to prevent user drop table in Hive metadata?
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-5837 for a JIRA addressing this.

Also, you can use the StorageBasedAuthorizationProvider in Hive, which bases metadata security on file security.  So if the user doesn't have permissions to remove the directory that stores the table data, they won't have permissions to drop the table.  This isn't perfect, but it's a start.

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE