Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Help a newbie on patch submission

Help a newbie on patch submission
Hi,
I'm trying to submit a patch to fix some build problems in Hadoop trunk on Windows, and I'm having a hard time pleasing Hadoop QA. This is for Hadoop-8241 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8241). I submitted the first patch and it said it couldn't apply it, so I figured it may have to do with the fact that one of the two files fixed is in hadoop-hdfs-https which isn't part of the Hadoop Common project. So I submitted a second patch just for hadoop-dist/pom.xml which I believe is part of the Common project, but that couldn't be applied as well.
So I come to you: what am I doing horribly wrong and how can I appease the almighty Hadoop QA?

Thanks,
Mostafa Elhemali