HBase >> mail # user >> Force the number of map tasks in MR?

Re: Force the number of map tasks in MR?
JM,

The number of map tasks will be limited by the number of input splits
available. Assuming you are reading files, that is.

Also, you need to reboot your cluster for those setting to take effect.

Hope this helps,

Jon Bishop