HBase, mail # dev - HBaseTestingUtility Failing

Re: HBaseTestingUtility Failing
David Williams 2013-07-15, 17:17
I doubt this has anything todo specifically with CentOS etc.  I am not privy to your setup up but the steps to reproduce are easy.

1.  Get a linux distro such as CentOS.   Put it say, in a VM such as Vmware Fusion on Mac.
2.  Install Java
3.  Try to start a mini cluster (will fail)

The bottom line is there is an uncaught null pointer exception in the Testing Utility.  Is this considered to be of little priority?

> Here is Linux OS:

> Linux a.net 2.6.32-220.23.1.el6.YAHOO.20120713.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 13 11:40:51 CDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Ted, what linux distribution is that?