Hadoop, mail # user - When applying a patch, which attachment should I use?

Re: When applying a patch, which attachment should I use?
edward choi 2011-01-12, 01:38
I am not familiar with this whole svn and patch stuff, so please understand
my asking.

I was going to apply
hdfs-630-0.20-append.patch<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12446812/hdfs-630-0.20-append.patch>
only
because I wanted to install HBase and the installation guide told me to.
The append branch you mentioned, does that include
hdfs-630-0.20-append.patch<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12446812/hdfs-630-0.20-append.patch>
as
well?
Is it like the latest patch with all the good stuff packed in one?

Regards,
Ed