MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hive Query with UDF

+
Sam Mohamed 2012-10-18, 01:04
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-18, 01:10
+
Sam Mohamed 2012-10-18, 01:12
Re: Hive Query with UDF
One idea is to write your own translation layer  which sits in between
query and actual job submission.
You would most likely end up having your own version of hive jar which has
your translation changes on top of HIVE sources.
This has the added advantage that users need not change their queries, they
would do it as normal HIVE query, like
   select * from cc_details where first_name = 'Ann'
Disadvantage is you have to maintain a fork.

Even otherwise, my initial guess is you might have to modify command line
parser which does encrypt once instead of for every record

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit