Kafka >> mail # dev >> board report

Re: board report
Hi Owen, I volunteered to-do this.  Here is what I have put together
already.   I was planning on posting it tomorrow afternoon let me know any
feedback.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

(introduced to Apache incubator on Jul 4, 2011)

Kafka provides an extremely high throughput distributed publish/subscribe
messaging system. Additionally, it supports relatively long term
persistence of messages to support a wide variety of consumers,
partitioning of the message stream across servers and consumers, and
functionality for loading data into Apache Hadoop for offline, batch
processing.

A list of the most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation

- Invite diverse new active committers

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

- None

- Added a new committer.  Continued contribution to source code in fixes
and features and continued activity on the mailing lists.

- Work was begun on 0.8 release which includes our replication feature and
also requires a breaking change for existing consumers/producer to the
wiring protocol.

--

/*
Joe Stein