Hadoop >> mail # general >> where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-11, 21:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-11, 21:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 08:55
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 21:35
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 21:51
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 22:09
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-13, 09:44
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-13, 20:07
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-14, 14:05
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2013-03-01, 05:02
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-08, 14:43
Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
jumping a bit late into the discussion.

I'd argue that unless those filesystems are part of hadoop, their clients should not be distributed/build by hadoop.

an analogy to this is not wanting Yarn to be the home for AM implementations.

a key concern is testability and maintainability.

still, i see bigtop as the integration point and the mean of making those jars avail to a setup.

thanks

Alejandro
(phone typing)

On Mar 8, 2013, at 6:43 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1 March 2013 05:02, Eric Baldeschwieler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I agree with where this is going.
>>
>> Swift and S3 are compelling enough that they should be in the source tree
>> IMO.  Hadoop needs to play well with common platforms such as the major
>> clouds.
>>
>> On the other hand, it would be great if we could segregate them enough
>> that each builds is its own JAR and folks have the option of not pulling
>> their dependancies in and not building / testing them in a clean way.
> I've added a JIRA on setting up a bit of the src tree and subproject(s) for
> these : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9385
>
> Test plans go into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9361, which
> can evolve at  different rate
>
> -Steve