From: Martin, Nick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TNS: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Hi all,

I've stood up a new Hadoop cluster and am ready to use Sqoop to import some data from our Oracle databases. This is the Sqoop command I'm attempting to use, and the error is "TNS: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor".

sqoop-import --direct --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@bidevrac-scan.main.xxxx.com:1521:BIDEV --table DI_CALENDAR -username xxx -password xxx --target-dir data

We've checked and re-checked the TNS/Oracle side and wondering if anyone could help nudge us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
+
Kathleen Ting 2013-09-18, 23:52