Sqoop, mail # user - RE: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

RE: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
Vikash Talanki -X 2013-09-18, 16:47
"Not all databases have available native utilities. Direct mode is not available for every supported database. Out of the box, Sqoop has direct support only for MySQL and PostgreSQL"

Above line is copied from Sqoop Cookbook.
I think currently sqoop cannot support direct mode for Oracle.

Also try replacing bidevrac-scan.main.xxxx.com with IP address of it. Also make sure that this has an entry in /etc/hosts file on the machine where you are running sqoop import

Regards
-----------------------
Vikash T
+1 (408)506 2024

From: Martin, Nick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TNS: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Hi all,

I've stood up a new Hadoop cluster and am ready to use Sqoop to import some data from our Oracle databases. This is the Sqoop command I'm attempting to use, and the error is "TNS: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor".

sqoop-import --direct --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@bidevrac-scan.main.xxxx.com:1521:BIDEV --table DI_CALENDAR -username xxx -password xxx --target-dir data

We've checked and re-checked the TNS/Oracle side and wondering if anyone could help nudge us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Nick