HBase >> mail # user >> optimizing block cache requests + eviction

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 10:04
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-08, 13:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-08, 15:49
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 19:22
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-08, 22:53
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 23:28
Re: optimizing block cache requests + eviction
Do you know if it's a data or meta block?

J-D

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was able to reproduce the same regionserver asking for the same local
> block over 300 times within the same 2 minute window by running one of my
> heavy workloads.
>
> Let me try and gather some stack dumps. I agree that jstack crashing the
> jvm is concerning but there is nothing in the errors to know why it
> happened. I will keep that conversation out of here.
>
> As an addendum, I am using asynchbase as my client. Not sure if the arrival
> of multiple requests for rowkeys that could be in the same non-cached block
> causes hbase to queue up a non-cached block read via SCR and since the box
> is under load, it queues up multiple of these and makes the problem worse.
>
> Thanks,
> Viral
>
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> but unless the behavior you see is the _same_ regionserver asking for the
>> _same_ block many times consecutively, it's probably workload related.

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 23:45
+
Varun Sharma 2013-07-08, 23:50