HBase, mail # user - Range Based Filtering with FuzzyRowFilter

Range Based Filtering with FuzzyRowFilter
anil gupta 2012-08-17, 20:03
Hi All,

I have a question related to FuzzyRowFilterfilter. I have a similar
filtering requirement which might be an extension to FuzzyRowFilter.
Suppose, i have the following structure of rowkeys: userid_actionid, where
userid is of 6 digit and then actionid is 5 digit. I would like to get all
the rows with actionid between 00200 to 00350. With current FuzzyRowFilter
i can search for all the rows a particular actionid. Instead of searching
for a particular actionid i would like to search for a range of actionid.

Does this use case sounds like an extension to current FuzzyRowFilter? Can
i run this kind of filter on HBase0.92 without doing any significant update
to the cluster. I am willing to put in my efforts to do the necessary
changes required in FuzzyRowFilter for my requirement.
If you know of any other easier & equally optimized way to do the same then
please share that.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta