HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: SNN

The other question you have to look at is the underlying start and stop script to see what is being passed on to them.

I thought there was a parameter that would overload the defaults where you specified the slaves and master files, but I could be wrong.

Since this is raw Apache, I don't think that it sets up scripts in each machine's /etc/init.d directory, or does it?

If it does, then you may just want to roll your own start and stop script and then make sure that the admins have sudo privileges to run those scripts.
On Sep 4, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Terry Healy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you please show contents of masters and slaves config files?
>

> On 09/04/2012 09:15 AM, surfer wrote:
>> On 09/04/2012 12:58 PM, Michel Segel wrote:
>>> Which distro?
>>>
>>> Saw this happen, way back when with a Cloudera release.
>>>
>>> Check your config files too...
>>>

>>> Sent from a remote device. Please excuse any typos...
>>>
>>> Mike Segel
>> thanks for your answer
>>
>> the config files are these: https://gist.github.com/3620975
>> do you see in them something suspicious?
>>
>> the release is from apache.  I took the 1.0.3 tar file.

+
surfer 2012-09-04, 13:15