Accumulo >> mail # user >> Can I connect an InputStream to a Mutation value?

+
David Medinets 2012-06-17, 13:53
+
Billie J Rinaldi 2012-06-17, 16:46
Re: Can I connect an InputStream to a Mutation value?
David,

Can you give a taste of the schema of the XML? With that we may be
able to help break the XML file up into keys and help create an index
for it. IMHO that's the power you would get from accumulo. If you just
want it as one big lump, and don't need to search it or only retrieve
portions of the file, then putting it in accumulo is just adding
overhead to hdfs.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2012, at 9:54 AM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Some of the XML records that I work with are over 50M. I was hoping to
> store them inside of Accumulo instead of the text-based HDFS XML super
> file currently being used. However, since they are so large I can't
> create a Value object without running out of memory. Storing values
> this large may simply be using the wrong tool, please let me know.
+
David Medinets 2012-06-18, 18:00
+
Marc P. 2012-06-18, 18:06