HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-07-17, 11:49
+
Yuvrajsinh Chauhan 2012-05-01, 12:30
+
Huang, Jie 2012-05-02, 01:50
Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration
Hey Yuvrajsinh,

Have you tried / taken the time to follow the official setup guides?

For a single node, start with
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/single_node_setup.html,
followed by http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/cluster_setup.html
for a fully-distributed cluster (multi-node) setup.

>From community, Michael Noll maintains excellent notes on setting up
clusters at his tutorials page http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/

If you do not want MapReduce, just ignore the steps that relate to it.

--
Harsh J
+