Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: [UPDATE] Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845

Re: [UPDATE] Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845
Steve Loughran 2013-08-13, 22:29
On 13 August 2013 13:09, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is no indication that protoc 2.5.0 is breaking anything.

clearly then this is not a stack trace:

INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Hadoop Common 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
Downloading:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom
Downloaded:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom(9
KB at 185.9 KB/sec)
Downloading:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
Downloading:
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
Downloaded:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar(521
KB at 7039.9 KB/sec)
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean (default-clean) @ hadoop-common
---
[INFO] Deleting
/Users/stevel/Projects/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (create-testdirs) @ hadoop-common ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/Users/stevel/Projects/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/test-dir
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/Users/stevel/Projects/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/test/data
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO]
[INFO] --- hadoop-maven-plugins:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:protoc (compile-protoc) @
hadoop-common ---
[WARNING] [protoc, --version] failed with error code 1
[ERROR] protoc, could not get version
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
Assuming this is just a versioning issue, can you update the documentation
in the wiki &
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/READMEto
be consistent with the current protobuf requirements. I do want to
follow the instructions not just because I am lazy, but because I want to
manually test the installation process itself

Once that's done I will try to follow these instructions to get protobuf
2.5 installed on my homebrew-managed mac.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Luke Lu 2013-08-13, 23:24