Hive >> mail # user >> Handling hyphens in table/database/usernames

Handling hyphens in table/database/usernames
Hi,

Does anyone know how to handle hyphens in any of the following? Specifically, we have a user with a hyphenated username – and I can't figure out a way to add him to a certain role. No amount of escaping my hyphen seems to help. I am using Hive version 0.7.1.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sriram

hive> create database if not exists sri-krish;
FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:33 mismatched input '-' expecting EOF near 'sri'

hive> grant all on database default to user sri-krish;
FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:41 mismatched input '-' expecting EOF near 'sri'