HDFS >> mail # user >> Sane max storage size for DN

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-12, 15:02
+
Ted Dunning 2012-12-12, 15:44
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-12, 15:52
Re: Sane max storage size for DN
500 TB?

How many nodes in the cluster? Is this attached storage or is it in an array?

I mean if you have 4 nodes for a total of 2PB, what happens when you lose 1 node?
On Dec 12, 2012, at 9:02 AM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>           I don't know if this question makes any sense, but I would like to ask, does it make sense to store 500TB (or more) data in a single DN?If yes, then what should be the spec of other parameters viz. NN & DN RAM, N/W etc?If no, what could be the alternative?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq

+