Hadoop, mail # user - setNumTasks

Re: setNumTasks
Bejoy Ks 2012-03-22, 15:01
Hi Mohit
      The number of map tasks is determined by your number of input splits
and the Input Format used by your MR job. Setting this value won't help you
control the same. AFAIK it would get effective if the value in
mapred.map.tasks is greater than the no of tasks calculated by the Job
based on the splits and Input Format.

Regards
Bejoy KS