Flume >> mail # user >> Can we treat a whole file as a Flume event?

Re: Can we treat a whole file as a Flume event?
you cant configure it to send the entire file in an event unless you have
fixed number of events in each of the files. basically it reads the entire
file into a channel and then starts writing.

so as long as you can limit the events in the file, i think you can send
entire file as a transaction but not as a single event
as long as I understand flume treats individual lines in the file as event

if you want to pull the entire file then you may want to implement that
with messaging queues where you send an event to activemq queue and then
your consumer may pull the file in one transaction with some other
mechanism like ftp or scp or something like that

others will have better idea, i am just suggesting a crude way to get the
entire file as a single event

--
Nitin Pawar