Pig >> mail # dev >> pig 0.11 candidate 2 feedback: Several problems

pig 0.11 candidate 2 feedback: Several problems
Hi,

I just subscribed to the dev mailing list in order to give you some
feedback on pig 0.11 candidate 2.

The following three issues are currently present in 0.11 candidate 2:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3144 - 'Erroneous map entry
alias resolution leading to "Duplicate schema alias" errors'
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3194 - Changes to
ObjectSerializer.java break compatibility with Hadoop 0.20.2
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3195 - Race Condition in
PhysicalOperator leads to ExecException "Error while trying to get
next result in POStream"

The last two of these are easily solveable (see the tickets for
details on that). The first one is a bit trickier I think, but at
least there is a workaround for it (pass Map fields through an UDF)

In my personal opinion, each of these problems is pretty severe, but
opinions about the importance of the MAP Datatype and STREAM Operator,
as well as Hadoop 0.20.2 compatibility might differ.

so far ..

Kai Londenberg
+
Bill Graham 2013-02-19, 17:51