HBase >> mail # user >> Problem with Snapshots

Problem with Snapshots
HI,

I just upgraded Hbase to 0.94.2-cdh4.2.1, r

I also enabled snapshot in hbase-site.xml file on all master + RS machines
to:

<name>hbase.snapshot.enabled</name>
<value>true</value>

But when I go to hbase shell, I can not find snapshotting related commands.
eg.

hbase> list_snapshots
NameError: undefined local variable or method `list_snapshots' for
#<Object:0x3a8bd3bb>

hbase(main):005:0> snapshot 'myTable', 'snapshot_name1'
NoMethodError: undefined method `snapshot' for #<Object:0x3a8bd3bb>

When I do "help" in hbase shell, I do not see any snapshot related
commands.

Am I missing something?

According to this release note
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/hbase-0.94.2-cdh4.2.1.releasenotes.htmlI
should really have snapshotting functionality in my Hbase version.

Ameya