Hadoop >> mail # dev >> windows support in trunk?

+
Andrey Klochkov 2013-09-24, 22:24
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 22:31
+
Andrey Klochkov 2013-09-25, 00:10
+
Bikas Saha 2013-09-25, 05:31
+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-09-25, 18:12
Re: windows support in trunk?
I don't have problems with building. I have issues with running it. Usually
I do this with the following steps:
1. build using "dist" maven profile to generate the distro under
hadoop-dist/target
2. set HADOOP_HOME pointing to hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-x.x.x-SNAPSHOT
3. fix configs under $HADOOP_HOME/etc
4. use start-dfs.sh, start-yarh.sh and mr-jobhistory-daemon.sh to start the
daemons

The "dist" profile doesn't work on Windows without Cygwin as it depends on
shell and tar utilities. How can I overcome this?

Actually I installed Cygwin and managed to do step #1. Then I succeed with
steps 2-4 and started all daemons using *cmd scripts. The only issue I have
is with the jobhistory daemon, as there's no mr-jobhistory-daemon.cmd
script. Is there an alternative way to start it?

Andrey Klochkov
Grid Dynamics
Skype: aklochkov_gd
www.griddynamics.com