Hive >> mail # dev >> Re: Running Hive unit tests on a fully-distributed cluster

Re: Running Hive unit tests on a fully-distributed cluster
Thanks Mark for looking into this. Getting our test harness to run on
fully-distributed hadoop cluster will be immensely valuable. There are few
things to consider.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2670 provides a framework to run
tests on fully distributed cluster. But it doesnt yet support running .q
files. I believe it comes with its own smaller set of tests.
Other thing to consider is TestMinmrCliDriver which runs .q tests in
distributed mode but only a handful of those. May be we can provide an
option to have that run all tests.

Ashutosh