Hive >> mail # user >> error executing the tutorial -> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveAws+HivingS3nRemotely

Re: error executing the tutorial -> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveAws+HivingS3nRemotely
There is not more to start. If hive is not starting properly, it will not
start at all so you are doing ok.

Problem is when you create table, hive tries to create a directory with
that name if its not existing. Just try to put those two settings inside
core-site.xml and see if the hdfs can use it to create directory

Nitin Pawar