Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop build slaves software

+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 07:24
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-01-04, 17:31
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-01-04, 18:59
Re: Hadoop build slaves software
I agree -- I'd like to see us have a shell script of some sort which,
given a prefix, downloads and installs the needed toolchain
dependencies.

We could then download that script onto the build machines and install
into something like /opt/hadoop-toolchain/
AFAIK the only real dependencies we have where the Ubuntu packages are
too old are protoc and maven, so shouldnt be too tough.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera