HDFS >> mail # user >> Provide context to map function

+
Abhinav M Kulkarni 2013-04-02, 03:55
Re: Provide context to map function
In your map function add following:

Path currentInput = ((FileSplit)context.getInputSplit()).getPath();

then:

if (currentInput is first ){
}
else{
}
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Abhinav M Kulkarni <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I have a following scenario:
>

>    - Two mappers (acting on two different files) and one reducer
>    - The mapper code for two different files is the same, except for
>    minor change which depends on which file is being read
>    - Essentially assume there is an if statement - if first file is being
>    read do this else do this
>
> So how do I provide this context to map function i.e. file name or say a
> boolean flag variable indicating the file being read?
>
> Thanks,
> Abhinav

+
Azuryy Yu 2013-04-02, 04:06