Avro >> mail # user >> How should I migrate 1.4 code to avro 1.5?

Re: How should I migrate 1.4 code to avro 1.5?
The maven repositories required are in the pom.xml of the avro project.  If
you are using Netty for a socket protocol, you will need the JBoss
repository.

Otherwise, you can exclude that dependency in the pom.

see the repositories section at the bottom of the Avro pom section here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/tags/release-1.5.3/lang/java/pom.xml?viewmarkup