HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase Read/Write throughput measure

+
Dalia Sobhy 2013-02-01, 12:11
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-02-01, 12:31
+
Dalia Sobhy 2013-02-01, 22:05
Re: Hbase Read/Write throughput measure
When you will have figure how the command is working, you will have to
understand the output ;)

This is how I just tried it from my HBase directory:
bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation randomRead 10

And this is the output (last lines):
10066326 56314
10171183 56385
10276040 56579
10380897 56553

Does ask me what it means ;) I have, so far, no idea.

JM

2013/2/1, Dalia Sobhy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Dear Mohamed,
>
> I checked this link:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PerformanceEvaluation
>
> But how to use the commands there is no clue, note that I am using cloudera
> manager.
>
> The other yahoo link I couldn't understand how to use it.
>
> So any help please??
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:32 PM, "Mohammad Tariq" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Dalia,
>>
>>          I think the easiest way to measure the read/write throughput is
>> to use "PerformanceEvaluation" tool that comes with the Hbase
>> distribution. It spawns a map-reduce job to do the reads/writes in
>> parallel. Apart from this there are several other ways to benchmark your
>> Hbase cluster like YSCB <https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB>. You
>> might find this
>> link<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PerformanceEvaluation> useful
>> that talks about Hbase performance.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>> Tariq
>> https://mtariq.jux.com/
>> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Dalia Sobhy
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>

>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I want to measure the read/write throughput for a code on a cluster of
>>> 10
>>> nodes. So is there any code or way to measure it?
>>>
>>> I have seen in a cloudera-based presentation that hbase read/write
>>> throughput = millions queries per second.
>>>
>>> So any help please??
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>> Dalia Sobhy