MapReduce >> mail # user >> Correlation between replication factor and read/write performance survey?

+
George Kousiouris 2013-02-11, 16:42
Re: Correlation between replication factor and read/write performance survey?
I think higher replication only makes read easier as client can choose to read  block from nearest node.

Writes are done using replication pipeline so client does wait for ack from all nodes but writes to only first node. It would be interesting to see if there are any benchmarks for delay caused by this acknowledgement.
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2013, at 6:42 AM, George Kousiouris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone aware of any survey/paper/report showing the relationship between a replication factor and its penalty/benefit on write/read operations?
>
> BR,
> George
>
> --

+