Chukwa, mail # dev - Can you think of any GSoC projects for Chukwa?

+
ant elder 2013-04-09, 12:00
+
Eric Yang 2013-04-10, 04:39
Re: Can you think of any GSoC projects for Chukwa?
ant elder 2013-04-11, 16:48
Sounds great. That gsoc link describes how to create jira for project ideas
so students can find them, could you add that?

Any other ideas? They can be quite small things, a lot of students are
complete beginners so take a while to get going.

  ...ant
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have a small project for monitoring Hadoop metrics using machine
> learning algorithm to predict possible abnormal activity in the cluster.
>  This can be a potential GSoC project.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:00 AM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Can you think of any GSoC projects for Chukwa? Need to be relatively
small
>> simple things that a student who likely knows little about Chukwa or
>> developing open source projects could pickup and complete over a couple
of
>> months. It would be a way to help encourage some more activity and
perhaps
>> help engage some of the less active committers.
>>
>> For more on the ASF GSoC program see here:
>> http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
>>
>>    ...ant

+
Eric Yang 2013-04-12, 05:06