MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Physically moving HDFS cluster to new

+
Ted Dunning 2013-04-18, 02:23
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-04-18, 03:27
Re: Physically moving HDFS cluster to new
Data nodes name or IP  changed cannot cause your data loss. only kept
fsimage(under the namenode.data.dir) and all block data on the data nodes,
then everything can be recoveryed when your start the cluster.
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Tom Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have a situation where we want to physically move our small (4 node)
> cluster from one data center to another. As part of this move, each node
> will receive both a new FQN and a new IP address. As I understand it, HDFS
> is somehow tied to the the FQN or IP address, and changing them causes data
> loss.
>
> Is there any supported method of moving a cluster this way?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --Tom

+
Bejoy Ks 2013-04-18, 05:27
+
MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI 2013-04-18, 12:36