HDFS >> mail # dev >> hello guys

On 03/08/11 12:59, Vijju Reddy wrote:
> hello,
>

> I am M Vijender Reddy from Indian Institute of
> Science(IISc),Bangalore. Under the guidance of my professor,Mr Y N
> Srikant i am working on the hdfs file system. I want to know whether there is a option in hdfs to store the persistant data structures like a very big tree and make the other nodes to access that data structure.i also want to know the metadata format stored by a NameNode for each file. Can you tell me how to know the internal details of hdfs in a keen way.

Hello.

Because Hadoop is open source, all the source is there for you to
download and explore. There are even plug-in points for scheduling work
and placing blocks of files that would be ideal for anyone to start
doing university work on, as you can be confident you won't break the
rest of the system.

For details of how the NameNode works, find the NameNode class and
follow its classes down.